Search

Monday 3 October 2011

Getting started

Hi!

This is my very first post in the blog. It's just to greet my students and wish them a good school year. 

I  want to include a link that I always find interesting for my students and I always recommend them. It's an online dictionary. You can use it to look up words in English and Spanish as well as in other laguages such as French or Portuguese. You can look for synonyms and definitions too. Students can check pronunciation and, what I found the most interesting thing, there are forum discussions that help you to choose the right word. I hope you also find it useful. Did you know it? Have you ever used any other online dictionary? Feel free to comment and share your ideas and opinions.

Regards,

Your English teacher


8 comments:

  1. Hi teacher !
    I knew the link two years ago. It`s my favourite online dictionary and I have never used other online dictionary like this.

    Regards,

    Gema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gema!

    It's nice that you finally comment on a post :)

    I also know some more online dictionaries but this one remains my favourite one.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi teacher !
    I didn't know this dictionary but it me turns out to be very useful.
    I normally always have used the translator Google or Mundo.
    But now I will use this one.
    Thanks for the infomation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Teacher!
    The Blog is a brilliant idea for to report and to learn ourselves more on the language.
    Thank you for the dictionary that you offer us.
    I use it to do the writing and this helps me very much.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rocío and Alejandra!

    It's great that you find the link useful.

    I don't like online translators, they are not as good as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teacher!

    Your blog is good idea to help us , and I always will write when I have a question.

    Thanks you!
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Raquel it's good to know that you find this tool interesting.

    ReplyDelete